Sortland, Norway, 6 October, 2020:
Bjarne Martinsen is a state authorized public accountant from NHH (Norwegian School of Economics), and has extensive industry leadership and financial experience from banking, insurance, tv-distribution and auditing.
- To be able to work with a sustainable and innovative company like this, is an opportunity that only occurs once. I am looking forward to getting started. Leaving Mattilsynet (Norwegian Food Safety Authority) is a pity, but I had to get on this amazing sustainability train, Martinsen explains.
Martinsen has lived in Bergen for nine years, and seven years in Oslo. Some time ago, he moved back to Sortland, where he entered the position of Finance Manager in the Norwegian Food Safety Authority nationally.
- To have such an experienced, competent and dynamic CFO on the team in Andfjord Salmon™ is a privilege. Bjarne has experience from top management groups and boards, and has audited several of the major Norwegian banks. He is perfect for joining the journey we are going to make in the coming years, CEO Martin Rasmussen says.
Helge Krøgenes, co-founder of Andfjord Salmon™, who has been Head of both Finance and Business Developments, will be the new Chief Commercial Officer.
- The fact that we become energy efficient, take care of all bio-residues, and have such a transparent sustainable technology and profile, appeals very much to me. Everyone is talking about Andfjord Salmon™ and what we are going to create here in Vesterålen. It's incredibly exciting. I enjoy establishing efficient work processes and reporting routines, as well as leading teams of employees, Bjarne Martinsen says.
- What are your relations to salmon?
- I am very fond of salmon. In fact, many people tend to joke with me, because I always eat a lot of salmon for both lunch and dinner. I also have knowledge about the salmon industry through my previous job at the Norwegian Food Safety Authority. But first and foremost, I look forward to participating in the sustainable development of the salmon industry, which the company will be responsible for, Martinsen says.
The new CFO is married, has three children and is originally from Sortland. He will start in the new position on January 1, 2021.
Bjarne Martinsen has 15 years’ experience from senior finance roles and is a state authorized public accountant from NHH the Norwegian School of Economics. He started his career with KPMG and has been the Financial Manager at TV distributor RiksTV and a CFO position at insurance company Nemi Forsikring.
Previously, Martinsen was very active in cross-country skiing, athletics and football. He has won the elite class of the relay running Holmenkollstafetten twice with the Norwegian sports team IL Gular. Now, he is happy being the coach for Sortland Athletics Club, and running and skiing as often as he can.